Hello Guys, In this post We will Provide you with the best book for Farmers, Gardeners, Landscapers. The Book gives you the best tips for maintaining your farms, gardens, and plants. the book is written by Ben Raskin.
The first and only comprehensive guide to acquiring and using woodchip—an abundant, low-cost, and environmentally friendly material—for knowledgeable growers and landscapers of all sizes, from farm to garden to greenhouse.
The Woodchip Handbook by Ben Raskin Book Summary
The Woodchip Handbook is the essential guide to the many uses of woodchips both in regenerative agriculture and horticulture. Author Ben Raskin, Head of Horticulture and Agroforestry at the Soil Association, draws on his extensive practical experience using woodchip, provides the latest research from around the world, and presents inspiring case studies from innovative farmers.
The book explores and unlocks the tremendous potential of woodchips to enhance soil health and plant growth:
- As a natural mulch for weed suppression, temperature buffering, and water conservation
- As a growing medium for propagating plants
- As a decomposing source of warmth for hotbeds in the greenhouse or hoop house
- As a carbon-rich compost ingredient that supports beneficial fungi and microorganisms
- As a powerful soil health booster, when applied as small-sized ramial chipped wood
- As an ideal substrate for growing many kinds of edible or medicinal mushrooms
- As a sustainable, versatile, and durable material for foot paths and ornamental landscaping
|Name of the Book||Mark Shepard 1st Edition|
|Publisher||Chelsea Green Publishing|
|Publication Date||November 4, 2021|
|Number of Pages||283|
The Woodchip Handbook PDF
related farming books:
In my late twenties, I discovered growing on a vineyard in Italy and have since worked in horticulture for almost 25 years. I farmed vegetables for 12 years, including running a walled garden at Gravetye Manor in Sussex and establishing the market garden at Daylesford Organic Estate.Ben Raskin (Author)